Formerly known as the Centre Court Building—before that, the McMorran Building—this structure was originally built in 1927 as a department store designed by AE Doyle. Beam Development purchased the five-story property with the goal of adding vital ground-floor retail and creative office spaces to Eugene’s downtown. The project sits at the corner of Broadway and Willamette.
A series of additions and renovations made in the 1950s and 1970s damaged the building’s original brick and pre-cast concrete ornaments. As a result, the restoration called for gutting the structure to its frame and introducing all new systems. The design team worked hard to restore the building to AE Doyle’s original design intent, keeping the brick façade and the ground floor’s signature arched windows, among other features.
C2K's Kevin Sauser led the project while at Ankrom Moisan Associated Architects. It was completed in 2011.